Oakwood Windsor ELementary School
It's official! We have moved to our new District website, now located at acpsd.net. Please take a moment to visit and explore our new online home for updated information on all items related to Aiken County Public Schools.
As a reminder, our individual school web pages will continue to link back to School Fusion (hosted at this site) until the start of the new school year when all school-related pages will make the transition to our new web platform.
Thank you for your continued interest in and support of Aiken County Public Schools, and welcome to acpsd.net!
Points of Pride
- 2014 - Average Absolute Rating/ C ESEA grade
- 2013 - Average Absolute Rating/ D ESEA grade
- 2012 - Average Absolute Rating/ A ESEA grade
- 2010 - Met Adequate Yearly Progress/ Average Absolute Rating
- 2009 – Met Adequate Yearly Progress
- 2008 – Met Adequate Yearly Progress
- 2007 – Met Adequate Yearly Progress
- 2006 - Recognized for closing the achievement gap for
underachievers through exemplary PACT Performance.
- Standards – Based instruction in Reading, English Language Arts, Math, Science, and Social Studies
- Music, Art, P.E., and Library are offered weekly
School Improvement Council
Foster Grandparent Volunteers
School Volunteer Program
Golden Harvest Food Bank
Oakwood-Windsor Elementary School is a Title I school located in rural Aiken County. It was designed and built in 1954 as an elementary school for grades 1-7. The original structure was renovated in 1990-1991. A new wing of classrooms, a library, two kindergarten classrooms, and administrative offices were added to the main structure. During the 2003-2004 school year, a 4.8 million dollar project was begun. Twenty new classrooms to house grades 1-4, 4 Kindergarten classrooms, a Special Education classroom, a cafeteria, and a music room was constructed by the existing building.
Grade Levels: 4K-5th Grade / Enrollment: 493 Students / School Hours: 7:25 – 2:05
Attraction/Focus: Safe, non-threatening community school
Teaching Staff: 32 Staff with Advanced Degrees; over 809 years of experience in the profession
Special Needs: Speech, LD, Developmentally Delayed, Applied Behavior Therapy for Autistic Children, Occupational Therapy, Social Behavioral Therapy
English for Speakers of Other Languages: Yes (ESL)
Computer/Technology: Classrooms have desktop computers, iPads, and netbooks with wireless access to the internet. All classrooms are equipped with SMART Boards.
- Community School
- Open, warm, friendly, & welcoming environment
- Character Education Program
- Family Nights
- Use of agendas/folders for daily communication with parents
- Two full-day Pre-K classes
- Quest Zone-After School Program
- Full-Time Nurse
- Media Center – Open door policy
- Guidance Program